Monday, April 27, 2009

A Maiden and a Hero...

Hobart stake dance...couple of weeks ago now...ooops...but Elle and I were asked to MC...
...the theme was Heroes and Maidens and we wanted to go as something original so we made up our own Hero and Maiden...
Presenting...
Harriet Hero...
...and Marriet Maiden...


Making the costumes was the BEST bit,
Because I can't sew...or cut straight (apparently)...I got to do my favourite thing...IRONING...no i'm serious...I like to iron...


Harriet's cape...


Marriet's Apron...




Elle is such a perfectionist...the sewing lines had to be 'just right'...


Speedsta Elle on the machine...her mum was having a heart attack...


Here's me at the iron, getting it 'just right' for Elle...if I couldn't iron straight then...hmmm


The night was a success...mainly because I kept throwing lollies out to the kiddies...and everyone LOVES lollies!!

4 comments:

Elle said...

hahahahahh I don't think anyone was a perfectionist that night collette... although i have to admit our custumes where flippin perfectly awesome!!!

The Kings said...

Awesome costumes and I love that you gave out lollies! What awesome MC's! I will have to tell Aaron to do that next time he is MCing - think it will down down well!

Jess said...

HAha I can connect with elle on the cutting point...

Its nice you try to help tho Collie-- miss you! x

Lisa Helen said...

I love your outfits, you make a GREAT couple ;D