Wednesday, August 27, 2008

hAiR

Here's the deal...

3 Months ago I signed up for Scottsdale Primary Schools Shave for a cure fundraiser... Committing to go blonde if the kids raised $3000...

The deadline for raising the money was last Tuesday...and last Monday morning they only had $1500...thats HALF the money needed...I was the top prize and of course was sitting pretty and loving the fact that I WOULDN'T have to go blonde...

However things started to go pair shape when by Monday afternoon another $800 had come in...in ONE day!!

I was starting to panic and yes to my dismay and with help from some last minute staff donations by Tuesday lunch time Scottsdale Primary had managed to SMASH all previous fundraising records and came romping home with $3012...

So...we all love to play phase 10... well thats probably how many phases it will take to get this hair blonde!!

Two days ago I sat in the hairdressers for 31/2 hours...my hair was lightened, highlighted and toned...all because if i'd just gone straight out blonde (because of my previous DARK colouring) it would have turned orange...
So before...

Here is me loving being in the middle of phase 1...
See the difference??...hmm anyway...
So phase 2 is another 3 hour stint next Wednesday and hopefully it will be the last phase for full on BLONDING...

Hey at least now i'll have an excuse for all the dumb things I say;)

9 comments:

Shadey said...

That actually really suits you at the moment! i wonder what it will look like in a week though!

Country/City Boy said...

Yeh I like it the way it's looking now as well.

The Kings said...

Wow - over three grand!! That is amazing. I think it looks great at the moment too. You never know - you may go really blonde and love it and be a blonde forever!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes looking foward to new pics! Keep them coming. It looks good sofar.

Simone Triffitt said...

Will we recognise you? At least now I won't be the only one saying dumb things!!

Camilla Mitchell said...

he he. Hayden told me last week u were really going blonde and i didn't believe him. i was like..no WAY...on the weekend they only had half the amount...that is no way they could have raise the rest!!

Bring on the blondeness. Can't wait to see it collettie!!

Anonymous said...

Hey I am actually excited!! I think it looks pretty good at this phase actually - nice!
Can't wait to see the FINAL phase... blondey :)

Elle

Chelsea Parsons said...

may it not fall out! And when Hayden told me today about it I was a little nervous but this whole step by step thing has me feeling better about it. Damn people for raising so much money! I felt like I was your mother, all worried about your hairs future!!!!

melandpeter said...

Mate!! I cant wait to see what your hair looks like. Whoo!