Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Working hard or hardly working...

One of the benifits of teaching near the beach is taking your kids there on the end of year picnic and then spending the day working on your tan...look out Ess!!

Mind the sharks there...

No you can't play with the stingray...

The kids participated in a tug-o-war competition...class vs class...not that i'm competitive AT ALL but my class won...reminded me of the time a few years back when I was stake ysa rep. I organised tug of war at the YSA Australia day camp...I borrowed Chris's tow rope for it...we all got set up about 15 young adults on each end of the rope...we took the strain (did I mention whenever we sing that Hymn gently raise the sacred strain I think of tug of war...random) anyway so we took the strain and BAM we started pulling and the rope snapped...we all ended up on our butts...it was HILARIOUS...how I wish someone was filming! We got fit by laughing about it for the next half hour...aaah good times...
End of year is 'bounty' time for teachers (not the chocolate...although we get a few of those too) It's the time when all the kiddies load you with pressies...I was so excited when one of my students bought me some Gibbets (Spelling?) for my crocs...Now my Crocs truely ROCK!

Only trouble is I put them in for the pics and thought...hmm I think I could put them in better spots...but now I can't get them off...haha...

5 comments:

The Kings said...

Yep - life of a teacher is hard work hey!!! And then you get 7 weeks holiday!!! What a bludge! ;)
What an awesome pressie!! I LOVE it at the end of the year as Aaron comes home with lots of chocolates - not that he ends up getting many of them!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm.......BOUNTIES!, matter of fact i'll have one now!

Watson said...

I remember that tug of war incident at YSA camp. We must of been evenly balanced with strength at both ends! What a great present the kids got you. Enjoy your holidays!

Elle said...

ahh.. nice crocs Collette, and YES they really do rock now!!!

Jess said...

dream boyfriend stealerer I CANT believe you HAVE JIBBITZ!!