Monday, June 15, 2009

Ode to Holidays...

Holidays are for bumming around and reading books...Jamming on the piano...visiting friends...sleeping in...staying out late...attending trombone recitals...mending fences...spreading the swine flu...slumber parties...hot tubbing...indian banquets...dog fetching...
and...

MAKING WAFFLES!!...I really wanted to replicate the Melbourne waffle experience...I think we did a pretty good job!
Check it out...
Well the King family enjoyed them!! They were delish! Thanks to Jenny for the waffle iron (I NEED to get one!) and the "Crispy waffle" recipe...

Thursday night after tute I actually got to hang with the ysa instead of rushing home to bed...Hot choccies at the bakehouse...(This photo SHOULD include...Fiona and Brodie Cluff, Campbell and Myself....but ONLY includes Michael:)
What better way to spend a FREEZING cold holiday morning than a spot of fishing off the rocks...


Here's what I caught...


and here's what Campbell caught...



Next time I WILL be the pro fisher!!
The WORST part about holidays is the Sunday night before you return to school...the feeling in the pit of your stomach is almost unbearable...of course you get to work and everything is FINE again...
...Teacher's just don't get enough holidays I say!!

8 comments:

melandpeter said...

YUM. You need to post the recipe. We have a waffle maker, but not a great recipe!

fifi said...

Woohoo for sleep overs and pics of mick by himself hahaha Love it. Glad school isn't so bad. :)
And we need to make those waffles next G.P!!!!

The Kings said...

yeah - they definitely need MORE holidays!!!! ;)

Essie said...

I so don't miss that feeling! It's so true hey, the BIG dread of returning to work! Oh, please come and make waffles with me Collettie!

Simone Triffitt said...

never mind I will be visiting soon to break up the daily work grind... oh how exciting (tongue-in-cheek)

Biggest Sis said...

I hate that feeling! Holidays definately go quicker than regular weeks!!!

Chelsea Parsons said...

when you come to make them for Essie, call me and ill come over too. Did you know that Rowan is sick?.. she was sick the night we were sitting next to you and I didnt know!!!. Are you ok? No weird spots?!

Elle said...

sounds like fun Collette!!! Those waffles look a - MAZING!

yes, teacher shoud DEF get more holidays - you don't seem to have enough fun : ) ha ha