Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Coming Home...

It's funny when you're away from a place for a while you start to forget how AWESOME it is...it starts to become a distant memory...but then when you first encounter that place again a wave of emotion crashes over you and you think 'why the heck did I stay away so long!!' That's what it's like coming home...Because everyones been down to visit me over the past coupla months it's been a while since i've headed north...
I LOVE holidays...teacher's just don't get enough! Last week I spent in Hobart catching up with Friends during the week instead of having to squeeze them into the weekends...it was nice...Es and I got to hit the shops and go out for lunch...AWESOME!...
...I also got to panic about my new calling...eeek...good to get everything in order before getting back to the place I wanted to be... the GLORIOUS NORTH OF THE STATE...it doesn't help when you drive out of the gloomy hovel that is Hobart and head into the Glaring Sun that is Launceston...the birds are singing ...the breeze is gentle (and doesn't feel like a SNOW STORM) and the smell of woodfires fills your lungs...ah...the best!
First stop the Triffitts...for lots of cuddles and kisses...hm whats this? Only Hallie is home?...oh well she gets triple portion of Aunty Collette lovin'...After which...Simone put me to work...lucky I like ironing...Yes it was HEAPS...check it out...

hmm but my reward? the BEST chocolate pudding in he world! Simon's LEAST favourite dessert...oh well Simon...as you can see...MORE for me:)


mmm Delish...


Here's Hallie finishing off her helping...then she headed onto Jess AND Simone's leftovers! That's my girl!!

I'm currently relaxing in Briddo...reading books and soaking up the view....ah if only I could be on Holidays forever...paid holidays that is:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

when we left hobart today the sun was shining, we even did a drive by of your house so I could see where it was, then got to Launny and it was freezing and rainy. he he! hope your holiday is great. I cant wait to be seeing more of you. Im the new Esther on Monday nights! the chubbier brunette Esther!!! Chels xox

fifi said...

THAT'S IT!! I'M BECOMING A TEACHER!

Nettie's Blog said...

Do you think that they might take an over the hill Interior Designer whose CV has just about every profession on it as well...i think i could have a stab at being a teacher if they have a life like yours...but forget the ironing bit..i reckon i have done my fair share of it in the 50 odd years i have been ironing.....(but i still enjoy it too..he he)

The Kings said...

Gotta love holidays!