Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wanna see something gross??

This time last week I went into St Johns Calvery for a Knee Reconstruction.
Last October I ruptured my ACL playing baskeball against the students at school.
I was so nervous! I've never had a hospital stay, or been given a GA before. Hayden and Mum were my support crew. (Whether they liked it or not. haha)
This is me a couple of hours after the op. I was lucky cause I was first in at 8:30am, this meant I wasn't waiting around for long feeling nervous. (Shout out to Hayden for the pics)








...and here it is..well you can't see much. I was expecting to be in a world of pain, but the injury itself was much worse than the surgery. I'm hoping my recovery doesn't take too long and I can get back to my old fav. activities ... (Baskeball, Tennis, Squash, General Running about etc.)













I had to go to Target and buy a nightie which was the recommended hospital wear, but I didn't own one...So I decided to go the whole hog with the granny theme...







Hayden walked back into the room after I got changed into it and said "You look like your dying in that nightie"

... I promise that my leg is swollen... not usually this HUGE...




But that's all it was, Four small incisions. The scar on top of the knee cap wasn't from the operation, but from where I fell over a few weeks back. SO..they inserted a camera and fished around for my hamstring tendons, harvested them, wound them around to make a new ligament, then insterted it, screwing it into place. Took about an hour and a half.

I'm amazed that Dr's can do this! ...or should I say Mr's??

And I would like to give a big shout out to painkillers and ice!

I'm hobbling around up at Bridport atm. Hence all the blog posts.
End.

5 comments:

The Kings said...

OUCH!!!! LOVING the nightie. Hope you heal fast.

Nettie's Blog said...

i could have loaned you one of mine Collie Dog...he hehehehehehehe
Wow you will be back on your feet pretty soon i am sure...you have the best place to recoupe anyway....sing out if you would like a visitor...i will have Rosie and Hattie up next week and i am looking for a place to take them for a day.... every day!!!!:)

Elle said...

LOL re haydens comment ha ha!! Loving the nightie, it'll be a treasure for the rest of your life :) hope your feeling better and recovery is going well!!! :)

Chelsea Parsons said...

Ohhh Collette! He he, hoping you are back to normal real soon. Nettie is right, she has a bunch of nighties. Darby wears one of hers! MAkes me laugh. Love it that you picked a pink one!!!

melandpeter said...

Love the post title. I was expecting more gore Collette!! he he. I think the gross thing was that nightie though mate. Classic! I nearly bought one to take to hospital to have Will but couldn't bring myself to buy one in the end :-)
Love that it's pink too!~

Sending lots of love and hoping you get waited on and spoilt at least for a little while. Milk it while you can!