Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Time to get away...

This is going to be one of those REALLY long and boring Holiday blogs...where I just go on and on and on about my fun time away...and no one really cares...except maybe mum...who'll read it and NOT COMMENT...but to the rest of you i'd stop now...cause it's gonna suck!


So I head to the airport in Hobart and who should be getting on the same plane??

Lisa Bachelor!! She was off to the big day out in Adelaide...What are the odds!




My flight arrived in adelaide at 5:25pm Jess' arrived at 5:15pm so that worked out well...did I mention we were going to see Mel? ...but when we booked we didn't check with Mel...and I just assumed that SA teacher bums were the same as Tas ones...but no...turns out Mel was already back at work!...anyway...it was all good...Jess and I got to hang and catch up during the day...then hang and catch up with Melly at night!


...How excited are we about hanging out without Mel in Adelaide...




haha...That's our...bored with out Mel pic...Just for you Mel!!




...and here is our...eating the YUMMIEST packed lunch on the SA Museum lawn pic...Yummy cause Mel and Pete had the BIGGEST bottle of Japanese Mayo...so I could put HEAPS on our salad sanga...




SA Museum...(Yawn)




okay this bit is pretty exciting...we managed to catch a tram to Glenelg without paying any money!...(Yes we did it honestly...i even asked the ticket man)...So straight to Coppenhagen for some ICE CREAM!

Can I have some Jess?



Chocolate Waffle Baskets!! AMAZING!








Jess loved it ALL!!





"Welcome home Honey"...Mel came back from work and took us to Port Adelaide...the pretty bit...not the dodgey no dolphin, dolphin cruise bit...











Then we went and got pete and headed to a place called 'Elephant walk' for dessert...It's a place thats very saucy! Little enclosed areas...perfect for a pash on date night...Jess wasn't interested...
Nah but seriously...it was very romantic...sorry Mel and Pete for crashing! haha...



Then Friday Jess and I went to see if Adelaide had balls...still...and yes it does...big silver ones in the mall...















...and that's pretty much it for Friday...We had a tour of Mel's school and then toured some more expensive private schools in Adelaide...I can now say that if i was rich I'd send my kids to a private school...not because they'd get a better education...but because they look HEAPS COOLER!

We finished our time with some happy snaps...behold the belly...





The bellies!....



...move over ladies...I got this covered...Pete the master of belly poses!


Thanks for having us Mel and Pete it was SPECTACULAR...and you both ROCK!




On to Melbs...and it was time to become a McClouds daughter...

The homestead...
The Rodeo!!


I don't know if you've ever been to a Rodeo before...but I hadn't....and it was INTENSE! I loved it! The cowboys were ...cowboys...and when they nearly got trampled by the bulls or crazy horses it was on the edge of your seat sort of stuff!

They even used real Lasoo's but that was only if they weren't WRESTLING the cattle to the ground!....TIGHT!


I lucked out Sunday cause Geelong ward was having a 'social sunday' that means food!...Spending time with Kyle's dad Bobby was awesome...he's pretty much besties with every member of the geelong footy club...amazing!
On Monday Jess and I typed 'Things to do in Geelong' into Google...and came up with this...

Yep the fairly park...probably my favourite place in the world at the moment....




What is she doing?


In this condition?
She does a pretty good humpty impression!




So after playing at the gates we decided we better actually go INSIDE...which involved paying...so we drive up the road a bit and here's this Daffy Duck...hanging out a window holding a park map...RANDO!...so I didn't have to get out of the car to pay...I just took the map and put the money in Daffy's clippers??...and smiled at the creepy ticket guy...



...and that was the ONLY staff member we saw the WHOLE time!

We drove up the hill and were AMAZED...the toilets were even a castle...and had a moat!!




The BEST adventure playground EVER!


On second thoughts lets NOT visit Camelot...'tis a silly place...




Mc Clouds Daughters! I'm telling ya!















Probably the hardest work out i've had in the last month! trying to pull myself up a kids sized tunnel of tyres....pretty funny!




Hansel and Gretels pad....Delish!

Rapunzel...


Random apes...

...and trying to take a timer photo...with no stand...and no help...


after Fairy park Fiona came and visited me at the homestead...and we spent the night poking holes in bits of paper...(With pens of course!)...


Granted she was better at poking holes closer to the middle...but the tiny 1000 point and where I poked a hole were pretty close!!...So i'd say we're even...haha...


Tuesday was time to pack up and head into Melbs...We met Tash at the Chocolate Budha in Federation square for some Japanese...yummo...then we went to the Gallery...unsuccessfully...apparently it's closed on Tues...but we still got to touch the water wall!




Tash's Favourite place!
Now i'm home...and my flight was RIGHT at the same time as the first episode of Grey's Anatomy...dang it!...Did anyone tape it?
End.

6 comments:

Nettie's Blog said...

so you were off gallavanting around the country i see...you had better get home soon...the handover is 18th Feb...we hope to be out and in the rental by the weekend of 13th 14thFeb... that leaves the cleaning for the last week till the 18th...
your welome to come and say goodbye if you dont cry all over the windows cause you've come to late and the door is locked ....

The Kings said...

fun!!! Jess has a tummy now - sooo cute!

melandpeter said...

Yay. Love your post. I was trying to beat you too it, but have been so hectic. I will still post a blog with the cool photos we got on our camera. Really wish I could have done stuff during the day with you girls :-(
Thanks so much for visiting me. Can't wait to see you again in April. Love ya heaps xxx

Greta said...

Love the commentary of your trip. The Fairy place looked great.
Thanks for sharing.

Simone Triffitt said...

That looked like so much fun and I love how the focus was on FOOD.... always a good angle in our family!!

The weather looked way hot too. Can't wait to check out 'the mansion'. Maybe while Jess is in labour, we could go watch a Geeelong match. ha ha. I'm so glad it is someone else's turn now.

Elle said...

I read this the other day, but I didn't comment. Sometimes I just forget LOL.
I am loving humpty dumpty on the wall and also the real humpty looks alright too!!!!

Glad your trip was WICKED AWESOME!!!!!!

p.s no didn't tape it. don't watch it. but when the hell is rafters coming back!!