Sunday, July 20, 2008

SURPRISE!!!

Monday the 14th July 2008...I leave a card for mum on the mantle piece with traditional happy birthday greeting and added side note "I'll cook dinner tonight" (Monday night is normally mums night to cook)
10:30 am - In the staffroom at school I crack a joke to mum about cooking baked beans on toast for tea and mum replies, "Oh I thought we could go to Barnbugle for tea"
10:31am - Inside my head i'm thinking "YES, this is PERFECT" but keeping my cool I reply "Barnbugle why would we go there?? Don't you like my cooking?"
5:55pm Message from Simone/Jess to my phone "We are just pulling in now"
6:10pm Mum and I walk in the front entrance of Barnbugle and mum looks around for the counter...as her eyes scan the room she stops suddently as they scan across a certain table...
6:10:30pm Simone waves "What are you doing here?"
Lisa and Jessica chorus "Surprise!"
6:11pm Still wearing a shocked look on her face mother walks towards the table and sais "What are you doing here?....But this was MY idea"
Little did she know that I (in consultation with the others) had booked the table a week earlier!!
We decided to get Sarra to snap the moment for us...
As that was slightly unsuccessfull we decided to get a drunk guy to take one for us...
That was a disaster...so finally we capture the moment...pitty about the GROSS football jersy in the background...but oh well sometimes you can't have EVERYTHING!!As a side note...here are some snaps I took of my Bridport Sunrise view one morning last week....





4 comments:

The Kings said...

ha ha - love the Hawks jersey in the background. Aaron just made a sarcastic laugh at your comment. He said 'and she wonder's why she's not married!!!'. :)

Anonymous said...

It certainly was a pearler getting mum like that. I've never seen her so surprised, especially after Saturday when she was so cocky about working out where we were taking her!

Collette said...

"Oh when the saints...oh when the saints...oh when the saints go marching in!!" Unfortunately thats the only come back i have as my team sucks!!

The Kings said...

The Antiblogger just said he is not impressed by your attempt at a sense of humor!! They sang 'Come Come Ye Saints' in Priesthood on Sunday - especially for Aaron!