Monday, November 10, 2008

Thanksgiving...

The following are some things i'm grateful for...
I'm grateful for stake ysa reps that organise a thanksgiving dinner for us to go to...
I'm grateful for stake ysa reps that obviously understand my lack of cooking talent and therefore make my food assigment "Corn"
I'm grateful that they also understand Dale's cooking ability and make his food assignment "Carrot"
I'm grateful to Simone for letting us use her kitchen to prepare the "Corn" and "Carrot"
I'm grateful for Camilla for helping...
I'm grateful for 7LA (launny's best mix of yesterday and today) For announcing that because of their 100th anniversary King Solomons caves would be running free tours all day Saturday...
I'm grateful that I just happened to be listening to 7LA (The best mix) at the time they made this announcement...

I'm grateful that the Triffitts new 'Kluger' can hold 7 people...



I'm grateful that Simon offered to take us...




I'm grateful that even though we rang and said 'would it be okay to just turn up for a tour?' and they said 'yes' and then we get there and they say 'sorry we are all full' that they eventually allowed us to join a tour...(Got that?)



I'm grateful for a tour guide that managed to inform us that the 'Crack' that WAS the second entrance was now a 'door' that we came through into the cave...

I'm grateful for stalactites and stalagmites...



I'm grateful for wondering what a world made of chocolate would really look like?




I'm grateful for stalactites and stalagmites that look like 'corn cobs'...and 'bacon'...


I'm grateful you can't even tell i'm in the above pic...
I'm grateful for friends...

...and for short legs...





I'm grateful that paddy fields are found in "China...um...and other asian countries"

I'm grateful that we had Oliver to blame Dales revolting noises on...
I'm grateful for how cool this wishing pond looked even though you can't tell from the pic...




I'm grateful for random spontaneous trips to the back of Mole Creek...




I'm grateful we weren't under this when it fell...
I'm grateful we actually made it to the grateful dinner (Be it a tad late)...

Ooh and see that baked cheesecake in my bowl (Bottom right corner of table) I'm ESPECIALLY grateful for that...yummo...
I'm grateful for guitar hero (especially 'Sweet child of mine) ... and for Brad for bringing it over...with an extra telly to play it on...
I'm also grateful for mariokart even tho I still suck at it and hate playing it...
I'm grateful that 'When I have a party people come' ;)

5 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh wow -I think I need to listen to 7LA more (or even just a little!). Missed that good opportunity - looks like fun.

Elle said...

Thats was an awesome post collette..
I am grateful that you blogged it :)

melandpeter said...

This blog made me miss you....again!!

Camilla Mitchell said...

HAHAHA! Oh SO many random quotes from the weekend!!! Nothing can beat "There was a crack, it's not a crack anymore, it's a door!" he he he he he

Anonymous said...

Nice! You are one grateful woman. The corn was perfect by the way, what a chef.